Are you wanting to hire an interior designer but are nervous or don’t know where to begin? When starting your interior design project, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed at first. There’re so many questions you need to be answered before you want to make any decisions. Truss Interiors is here to help. We’ve compiled a list of questions and answers to help alleviate your load and help get you started on your interior design project.
What does an interior designer do?
The main responsibilities of an interior designer are to make indoor spaces functional, safe, and beautiful. They must be able to draw, read, and edit blueprints to determine space requirements while selecting essential and decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials.
When should I hire an interior designer?
You should hire an interior designer when you want to save money but increase the value of your home. This is especially true when selling your home. Interior design can help boost not only buyer appeal but also set your home above the competition.
Can I see samples of your work?
The answer here should always be “Yes.” You need samples to see their quality of work. This will also give you an idea of how they work: Are they on point or do they look for shortcuts? Do they keep a clean workspace or are they messy? Are they neat or are they disorganized?
How do I get started?
There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before contacting your interior designer for a first meeting.
- Have a style in mind. You won’t necessarily have to go with this style, it’ll just give the interior designer something to work with.
- Create a vision board. Cutting out your favorite bedding or a set of curtains is not only therapeutic, but it’ll also give your interior designer a sense of what you’re looking for.
- Know your budget. You’ll need to have a general idea of what kind of budget you’ll be working with. This will help to narrow down your options.
What should I ask at the first meeting?
Take a list of questions you want to be answered with you to the first meeting. You should be able to walk out of the meeting confident in whether this interior designer is right for you. Asking questions is the first step to building a relationship with an interior designer.
The following are some questions to ask your interior designer at your first meeting.
- What type of projects can you do?
- Do we need to use your contractor or architect, or can we use mine?
- What other services do you offer?
- Is any project too small?
- Do you have a specialty or niche?
Truss Interiors is a Denver interior design firm located in South Denver. We firmly believe that transforming your home into your dream space should be an enjoyable and exciting process. We do this with our professionalism, sense of detail, and understanding of what our clients’ lifestyles, styles, and needs are. Contact us today for a consultation.